Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here in Kampot on the southern coast of Cambodia there isnt a lot to do. Even finding an internet shop was hard. Work has me observing two of the Deaf Development Program sign language interpreters at an AIDS workshop. Disappointment has reared its head in two of my cherished areas of work. I certainly have very different expectations of HIV prevention trainers and of interpreters than they have for themselves. That either exist in this very poor nation is a matter for much gratitude.

The manager at this internet cafe took one look at me and decided to put me in a cubicle with a Japanese keyboard which haswhat passes for three, no four space bars but if I read three of them right would access the kanji characters on this computer. Typing is taking three times as long as a result. I gohome to Phnom Penh tomorrow. pICTUREs and text from there. Jum riab liah or Aloha as they say elsewhere.

No comments: