Thursday, November 27, 2008

Living in the middle of the Pacific One could feel disconnected from the world, but I don't. I am grateful that I can hear National Public Radio programs broadcast and receive Radio Nederlands Wieraltonbruch Spanish language podcasts. They keep me up to date on what the world thinks is important.

I strongly encourage my friends to listen to news of the world from other parts of the world as well as news as the US puts out for the rest of the world. I gain quite a bit of insight by reading:

www.granma.cu (Cuba's government owned national newspaper.)
www.bbc.uk (Great Britain's government owned national broadcasts)
www.vaticano.va (The Vatican City website)
www.laprensa.es (Spain's national newspaper)
www.phnompenhpost.com (The news as written for ex-pats in Cambodia)

No comments: